[ldv-project] [rule-instrument] How to find the intermediate files produced by CIF ?

Tu Pipa tupipa0929 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 09:48:22 MSK 2013

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Evgeny Novikov <eugenenovikov at yandex.ru>wrote:

> **
> On 11/06/2012 01:02 PM, Ma Lele wrote:
>
>  Hello Evegeny Novikov,
>
>  I have just finished reading your paper <<One Approach to
> Aspect-Oriented Programming Implementation for the C programming
> language >>. Your works is so excellent and please accept my best wishes
> for you to get more and more development in this domain in the future :-)
>
> Thank you for wishes, I will try to continue research :)
>
>  I have installed the ldv , which seems that it can verify some kernel
> driver successfully (like usb/storage dirver I have mentioned in the last
> e-mail).
>
>  But I failed to find the four kinds of files you mentioned in this
> paper( *.c.p , *.c.p.mw , or *.c.p.mw.aw). Are they all cleaned during
> the process ? If so, how can I get these files  when running the ldv ?
>
>   First of all, you need to verify drivers against models ending with "a"
> suffix (I have explained the difference between different models before),
> e.g. 32_7a.
>
> Also from the time when I have written that paper much time has gone.
> These files are named more properly now and they are kept automatically if
> you use LDV_DEBUG>=30. These names correspond to 5 stages that you can find
> in my presentation. Assume that "diro" is output directory, "a" is aspect
> file, "c" is input C file, "o" is output file then you will obtain at these
> stages respectively:
> 1. "diro/a.i".
> 2. "diro/c.prepared".
> 3. "diro/c.macroinstrumented".
> 4. "diro/c.instrumented".
> 5. "diro/о.c".
>
> For instance, here is the content of directory
> work/current--X--drivers/cdrom--X--defaultlinux-2.6.39--X--32_7a/linux-2.6.39/csd_deg_dscv/10/dscv_tempdir/dscv/ri/32_7a/drivers/cdrom/
> at my computer:
> 0032.tmpl.aspect.i  cdrom.c  cdrom.c.instrumented
> cdrom.c.macroinstrumented  cdrom.c.prepared  cdrom.ko  cdrom.o  cdrom.o.c
>
>   Thank you for your time reading my message. Eager for your response.
>
>   Thank you for your user experience - it helps us very much.
>
>  --
>  Best Regards,
> MA Lele
>
> --
> Best regards, Evgeny Novikov.
>
>  Hi, Evgeny Novikov,

I still have a question about the file like cdrom.o.c which is fianlly
genetated by the CIF.
I know it's used as an input source file to be verified for the blast. Now
I want to compile it using GCC compiler in order to use some other tools to
verify the code. But it always give me some error like
"../inst/current/envs/linux-2.6.36/linux-2.6.36/arch/x86/include/asm/thread_info.h:179:
error: register name not specified for 'current_stack_pointer'".

It may need some more gcc options to compile this kind of files. But I
don't know where to find it out.
Can you help me with this?
Thank you in advance!

--