[ldv-project] ipecacuanha

Cassler Karangelen dagger at berlin-artist.de
Tue Apr 1 21:52:33 MSK 2014

d say the same of yours.

T, but come and sit down. Have a cigarette? (_Gives him a cigarette._) Fitzgerald. Thanks. (_They sit down, Fitzgerald lights cigarette, and puffs solemnly before he speaks again._) Mrs. Smith (_puff_), you didn't know her well? Did you, Mrs. Denham? (_Puff._) Mrs. Denham. No--not well. Fitzgerald. You know I painted her portrait (_looks at lighted end of cigarette_), portrait (_leans back in his chair, replaces cigarette in his mouth, and puffs again. Then putting his hands behind his head, he stretches out his legs, and looks at the ceiling_), so I knew her like my own sister. (_Puff._) She was a pretty little devil (_puff_), awfully aristocratic, mind you, vulgar, of course, an'--an' poor refined little Smith just _didn't_ drop his H's. (_Puffs, chuckles to himself._) Yes, she was a born jade. (_Puff._) I--I liked her awfully. (_Puff._) Mrs. Denham. You seem to like every one awfully. Fitzgerald. (_with fervour, sitting up in his chair, and flinging away his half-smoked cigarette_) So I do. I enjoy the Human Comedy. Now you don't enjoy the Human Comedy a bit. Mrs. Denham. It comes too near me. Denham. A cab at the door; this may be Vane. (_Crosses_ L _to fire._) Fitzgerald. Vane? That's splendid! He cuts me dead now, because I reviewed his last Society Verses, with some other men's, under the head, "Our Minor Poets," in _Free Lances_. Denham. Oh, an editorial? Serves you right, you Jack-of-all-trades. How if some brother Minor Critic were to class you as a Minor Painter? Fitzgerald. For Heaven's sake introduce me to him. (_Enter Jane, showing in Vane._) Jane. Mr. Vane! (_Exit Jane._) (_Vane shakes hands languidly with Mrs. Denham and Denham, and stares at Fitzgerald, who smiles genially._) Denham. Ah, Vane, glad to see you. Vane. How d'ye do? Ah, Mrs. Denham, that tea-gown is charming. Mrs. De

---
Questa e-mail è priva di virus e malware perché è attiva la protezione avast! Antivirus.