[ldv-project] Adding rules to ldv

Vadim Mutilin mutilin at ispras.ru
Fri Jul 3 12:43:32 MSK 2015

Hi Shyamjith!

24.06.2015 14:33, Shyamjith K V ?????:
> Hi,
>
> We would like to get following details about LDV
>
> 1. How to add some kernel rules made by us along with the existing?
> What will be the effort in doing that?
Here is a page that has some notes on development of kernel rules

    http://forge.ispras.ru/projects/ldv/wiki/Formalizing_Safety_Rules_2

For example, you can see already developed rule models in model-db.xml,
like 08_1a (kernel-rules/models/0008.aspect)
> 2.I am not able to build LDV without using Docker Image since many of
> LDV minimal prerequisites are already upgraded  their version.so we
> found some difficulty in finding the exactly mentioned versions to
> solve the dependency.It will be great if you can provide the updated
> software dependency list, else if i need to downgrade the OS,Please
> tell me the exact version of Ubuntu that will support all the listed
> prerequisites.
The version of Ubuntu which works fine is 12.04.

For developing your own rules you don't need to reinstall LDV, you can
still use Docker. For that purpose
1. Create a template of your model in a separate folder (by copying
kernel-rules).
2. ldv-manager is able to use this copy of RuleDB using environment
variable LDV_KERNEL_RULES=/path/to/folder.

> 3.Is it possible to test driver source for ARM architecture using LDV
> by running test on x86 pc?

Yes it is possible. There is old instruction for building
cross-compiling tools for LDV here:
http://forge.ispras.ru/issues/6040

For that purpose you need to build LDV from sources.

By the way we can provide you with a Docker image with both sources and
installation to run LDV without any dependencies installation. You can
download it from there:
http://linuxtesting.org/downloads/ldv-src-docker-0.8.tar.gz and learn
how to deal with it here:
http://forge.ispras.ru/projects/ldv/wiki/LDV_Tools_in_Docker
The sources are located at  /ldv/src/
The following command may be used as an example of reinstallation:

    export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:$LIBRARY_PATH
    export JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF8"
    export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-amd64
    make console-tools && \
        prefix=/ldv/inst make install-console-tools

Before the verification export PATH variable

    export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:/ldv/inst/bin:/ldv/scripts:$PATH
    cd /work

then follow regular instructions.

Best,
Vadim